Effective July 08, 2019 Last updated: Aug 11, 2019
Who we are
Our website address is: https://highlightstube.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We do not collect your personal information such as name and email address details in general use of our Site. HighlightsTube collects as little personal data as possible in order to operate our basic services such as contact forms. Depending on your relationship with us the level of information we collect may differ. You always have a choice to provide as little information as possible and still continue to use our services.
Information you provide to us
Content you provide through our services. We collect and store content that you send and share. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include. Examples of content we collect and store include: text of comments, embeds inside comments, images within the comments, Name and Email of sender details from the contact form. We collect content that you provide to us when you provide feedback or information you provide through our contact form where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with our service. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage from the contact form or by sending email, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form (such as the user’s name and email address), and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We send the Facebook Comment you post, to website administrator via automated email, only from your consent that you grant before posting Facebook Comment at our website. This data includes just the Facebook comment posted by you.
Third party sites, apps, platforms and embeds
Our site may include links to third-party sites, apps and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control third-party sites, apps and social media platforms and we encourage you to read their privacy notices so that you understand how they process information about you.
If you upload images to the Site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to this Site can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles and posts on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Please refer their privacy policies to learn more about how they collect your data.
How we use information we collect
- We use certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click data, anonymous view count, anonymous likes etc.) to improve the quality and design of HighlightsTube and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users). If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on our services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where: We need it to provide you our services, including to operate our services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of our services; It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services and to protect our legal rights and interests; You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation. If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using our services.
How do we share information that we collect
- Information you provide. Comments you post using your Facebook account will be available for public viewing. We never share your email, name or any personal documents that you may submit to us via Contact Form or via Email. Please refer above to learn more about the data we collect and how it may be shared.
- Information we collect automatically. Any information that we collect automatically, such as IP addresses, browser version and various other usage statistics are only shared with third-parties after any personally identifiable information has been either removed or anonymized.
How long we retain your data
HighlightsTube strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Information collected using Google Analytics is retained for a period of 14 months. After the end of the retention period, the data is deleted automatically.
How we store and secure information we collect
We do our best to protect your data from unauthorized access by following best practices and regularly reviewing our security setup. We use data hosting services located outside USA. We employ the use of firewalls and DDOS protection on our data servers.
We use a content delivery system to serve the images and common scripts in a more faster way by serving from a nearest geographical location you browse the web.
HighlightsTube and our third party partners, such as our advertising and analytics partners, use various technologies to collect information, such as cookies and web beacons.
How do we use them?
- Where strictly necessary. These cookies and other technologies are essential in order to enable our Services to provide a better user experience.
- For functionality. These cookies and similar technologies remember choices you make such as language or search parameters. We use these cookies to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and to make your use of our Services more tailored.
- For performance and analytics. These cookies and similar technologies collect information on how users interact with our Services and enable us to improve how our Services operate. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how visitors arrive at and browse our website to identify areas for improvement such as navigation, user experience, and marketing campaigns.
- Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertising technology service providers and advertisers.
- Social media cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our websites or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
How can you opt-out?
To learn more about cookies and how you can disable them please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
To learn more about behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our policy towards children
Our services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us.
Changes to this policy
Who can I ask if I have any additional questions?
Email: [email protected]